EXFO honored by 2017 Lightwave Innovation Reviews
New 100G test solution delivers high agility to NEMs
QUEBEC CITY, March 23, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - EXFO Inc. (NASDAQ: EXFO) (TSX: EXF), the global network test, data and analytics experts, announced today that its agile 100G testing solution designed for network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) was recognized by the 2017 Lightwave Innovation Reviews. The solution received a Lightwave Innovation Award in the Lab/Production Test Equipment category for the ability to combine a variety of modules for R&D, labs and manufacturing-all on one, highly scalable chassis which maximizes valuable shelf space and which supports an impressive range of NEMs' features covering multirates, multiservice and multitechnologies.
EXFO's smart test solution leverages its expertise in test orchestration and aims to help NEMs face rapid transformations taking place in their markets. This all-in-one solution consists of:
- The LTB-8 Rackmount Platform: hot-swappable, eight-slot chassis with the industry's best 100G port density on the market.
- The FTBx-88200NGE Power Blazer multiservice test module: first 100G test solution to offer integrated CFP4 and QSFP+/QSFP28 interfaces. This module comes with the unique capability of being transferrable from the rackmount chassis to a handheld, portable platform to ease transition from lab to field or between labs.
- The LTB-8 platform may also house variable optical attenuators such as the FTBx-3500, power meters including the FTBx-1750, switches.
- Fiber inspection probe: to fully automate connector endface inspection and clearly display pass/fail results.
- EXFO Multilink: the industry's only multi-user, multimodule and multiplatform software application that enables remote-control access via a centralized dashboard featuring a web-based GUI.
The solution can also support EXFO TFv-Test Function Virtualization and FTB OnDemand time-based licenses offering the agility and flexibility NEMs require.
"EXFO's agile test solution for 100G was a hit with this year's judges. What stood out is the ability to re-use modules between static and mobile chassis variants, the level of end-to-end integration and support of new client interface types. These are all positive aspects worthy of an innovation award," said Rob Stuehrk, Publisher of Lightwave. "Usually updates to test equipment platforms are not standouts in the Innovation Reviews but in this case, those upgrades got noticed and for good reason."
For more information about this agile, industry-acclaimed test solution, visit: EXFO.com/lab-testing
About The 2017 Lightwave Innovation Reviews program
The Lightwave Innovation Reviews is in its fourth year of recognizing and celebrating the industry's most unique products and solutions that help optical communications professionals worldwide drive improvements and innovation in optical technology. Executives at Ciena, Intel, Lumentum, LightCounting Market Research, and Adva were among the third-party judges for the 2017 Innovation Reviews. Criteria used in the Innovation Reviews rankings include, first and foremost, unique technology or application thereof, innovation, ease of use, efficiency, reliability and contribution to profitability.
EXFO develops smarter network test, data and analytics solutions for the world's leading communications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and web-scale companies. Since 1985, we've worked side by side with our clients in the lab, field, data center, boardroom and beyond to pioneer essential technology and methods for each phase of the network lifecycle. Our portfolio of test orchestration and real-time 3D analytics solutions turn complex into simple and deliver business-critical insights from the network, service and subscriber dimensions. Most importantly, we help our clients flourish in a rapidly transforming industry where "good enough" testing and data analytics just isn't good enough anymore—it never was for us, anyway. For more
information, visit EXFO.com and follow us on the EXFO Blog.
SOURCE EXFO inc.
News Provided by Acquire Media