EXFO to assure successful 5G service delivery with launch of intelligent network automation platform
Feb 12, 2020
- New breed of service assurance required for 5G
- AI-powered service quality for subscribers, IoT machines and mission-critical services
To meet the needs of an industry in which operators have less than 2% visibility into customer experience, Nova A|SA automatically provides the right data at the right time to make sense of big data swamps and reveal previously invisible "little data" on individual user experience. Unique in the industry, the platform integrates the relevant layers, domains and data sources, including from third parties and
At the heart of Nova A|SA, and also launched today, is Nova SensAI: a real-time automated assurance solution that acts as the central nervous system for the platform. The first of its kind to do so, Nova SensAI uses machine learning to analyze the relevant network layers, and provide operators with a comprehensive view of service performance. The solution reveals—and even predicts—previously "invisible" user-impacting events. Its capabilities also include pinpointing who was impacted, where and for how long as well as diagnosing the root cause of issues for rapid resolution.
These solutions were developed by
In addition, most customers score their brand experience on network performance, and there is enormous commercial opportunity for operators who successfully deliver on the promise of 5G and win customer loyalty. However, they are facing unprecedented challenges:
- Operators are currently 98.7% blind to subscriber-impacting events, despite their best efforts. They are provided only with performance averages and aggregates, rather than per-subscriber problems with unique service experiences. It is only an approximate view of the health of their networks and how well they are performing.
- 91% of operators say they need service assurance automation to maintain control. As networks continue to virtualize, outages have escalated by 46% in the last three years alone, 65% of which originate in virtualized domains.
- Operations teams are stretched to the limit: On average, operator teams spend 67% of their time fixing network and service issues. Resolution effort and complexity of outages are increasing: it typically takes 12 people from three different teams over three hours to identify the root cause of each outage.
- "The combination of more users, more connections, more apps and more convoluted networks has created a perfect storm of complexity for operators," said
- "This is the new breed of service assurance the industry requires to deliver 5G successfully. Nova A|SA's data-driven insights enable operators to proactively resolve network issues and deliver exceptional customer experience," said
Nova SensAI : www.EXFO.com/en/NovaSensAI
Specification Sheet : https://www.exfo.com/en/resources/technical-documentation/spec-sheets/nova-sensai/
Nova A|SA : https://www.exfo.com/en/solutions/communication-service-providers/service-assurance/automated-service-assurance/
Media relations: Anais Merlin / Wilf Collins, CCgroup PR, +44 (0)20 3824 9200, EXFO@ccgrouppr.com; Investor relations: Vance Oliver, Director, Investor Relations, (418) 683-0913, ext. 23733, email@example.com