EXFO delivers industry's first modular, portable 5G RF spectrum analyzer
May 19, 2021
Making RF testing of 4G/LTE and 5G networks simpler and faster
Mobile network operators need to support and maintain new 5G deployments as well as existing 4G/LTE installations. At the same time, cell densification and emerging 5G innovations, including beamforming and massive MIMO together with new mmWave spectrum and CBRS/C-bands, are making the RF environment complex to navigate for operators and field technicians. All this results in significant new operational challenges and the need for different, innovative test processes.
The 5GPro Spectrum Analyzer is the industry's first field-tech optimized, scalable RF spectrum analyzer. It strikes the right balance between functionality and portability in a compact design that delivers accurate RF over-the-air (OTA) measurements. Designed with simplicity in mind it enables field techs and contractors to easily identify and resolve issues and close out jobs faster.
"Operators need solutions that can help them deliver reliable 5G services to their customers quickly and efficiently—and the 5GPro Spectrum Analyzer does exactly that," said
EXFO's 5GPro Spectrum Analyzer is available on the FTB 5GPro test kit for a complete all-in-one solution used to validate 4G and 5G networks. In addition to RF testing, the FTB 5GPro supports fiber inspection and characterization, CPRI/eCPRI/O-RAN, RF spectrum analysis over CPRI, Ethernet (up to 100G) plus timing and synchronization. This comprehensive solution reduces the number of devices field technicians need to carry, speeding up jobs and reducing overall total cost of ownership for operators and contractors.
Key features and benefits of the 5GPro Spectrum Analyzer:
- first field-upgradeable RF testing solution: no downtime due to factory upgrades
- industry's only modular RF testing solution: option to start with FR1 and add FR2 as requirements change
- support for real-time spectrum analysis (RTSA) bandwidth up to 100 MHz, 5G NR demodulation and beamforming analysis, plus TDD and LTE signal analysis
- saves time by simplifying RF testing with a smart UX-optimized GUI and patent-pending intelligent peak detection
- seamless cloud integration for centralized workflow management and results sharing
CCgroup, for EXFO: Wilf Collins, +44 7719 989 444, Chloe Pope, +44 7741 242 227, firstname.lastname@example.org; Vance Oliver, Director, Investor Relations, (418) 683-0913, ext. 23733, email@example.com